Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Haley's 1st Haircut

We took Haley to get her 1st official hair cut yesterday.  I trimmed the back a long time ago, but this was her first "big" hair cut.  I know I know...some of you are probably screaming from within, "why in the world did she cut off those beautiful curls???".  I LOVE her long curls, but she had a top layer of hair(from birth that never fell out) that was 3 or 4 inches longer than her new underneath curls.  It was different lengths all over, and needed a little bit of work to say the least.  Sooo, we went for it!  I keep telling myself that this will be better in the long run.  Long curls that all grow together and one length.  One day.  In the midtime, sweet Haley is enjoying her new summer curlydo :)

She did great with the whole process and didn't mind it in the least.  She nibbled her goldfish, checked herself out in mirror and tada it was over!  Way to go Haley! 

snip snip with goldfish distraction
No problemo.

Bye bye baby hair.
Ta Da!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her curls look beautiful!

Jennifer said...

OMG!!!! So darling! I love it and wish my hair would do that if I cut it short. The older I get, the straighter it gets. All she needs now is a little hair gel and she'll be stylin'! Someone asked me the other day if I had Anna's layered and I said, "no, thankfully, it has just grown that way!". She may be next though.

Julie Tiemann said...

Oh my GOSH! That's SOOO cute! I can hardly stand it. OK, you've inspired me. I've been really frustrated with Amelia's hair lately - it never occured to me that a hair cut might be the trick. I think I'm going to go for it! Can you message me where you went?

Marylu said...

That new haircut is precious!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wrote on ths blog, but it didn't come up. Guess I didn't do something right. The new hairdo is precious. She was so good to let them do it with no problems. She looks darling!!! Can hardly wait to see her in person. Love all of you.
Love,
Nana

shug said...

I LOVE the haircut. She is so cute.

Jared & Stacey said...

ok, I was totally cringing inside at the thought of loosing those curls until I saw the last picture. HOW BEAUTIFUL is that hair...and the girl!?!?! Oh my! I bet that was tough to do but it is SO cute!

Gina and Bobby said...

love it!!!!!!! I love the curls. Also so proud of Davis for his potty training!! That is awesome.