
mmmmmm!
All smiles!
We are so proud of Davis! Said good bye to diapers last Monday and went for it! We've done a day or two here or there over the past 6 months, but this was going to be the real-potty-training-deal...M & Ms, LOTS of praise, and the "potty dance"(similar to Davis' nudie dance). Monday was difficult and left all of us in tears..."No No No mommy! I don't want underwear! Only my shorts!" is what he kept screaming before nap time. Finally, I just threw on his shorts to keep things at peace. Whatever! Davis isn't too keen on starting new things that he doesn't fully understand or feel completely competent in.
But as the week went on, he got better and better and grew to love his Lightning Mcqueen underwear. And now he is a potty champ!!! In 1 week!!! Dropped the "little potty" this week, and now he climbs up on his stool and plops himself down on the "big potty" all by himself. We'll try the standing up thing soon...I foresee lots of tee-tee cleaning up in my future. I won't lie. I was definitely a little stressed about the whole potty training thing, but Davis did GREAT and exceeded my expectations.
Shopping potty training fun from last week :) ...ok Davis do you need to go potty. Okay lets go. Tote the buggy over to the restroom. Put Haley on one hip(buggy won't fit into restroom). Go into tiny stall, squat and strip Davis down with other hand. Crocs falling off...oh yuck..lets not stand on the floor. Crocs back on. On potty. "I can't". Ok good try. Crocs off so we can get clothes back on. Clothes on. Crocs on. Get out of deep squat with Haley on hip. Haley back in buggy. Deep breath. Done and no tee-tee to show for it. Oh well.
***Davis did have his 1st public potty success at Chick-fil-A last week, and I definitey did the "potty dance".
SO PROUD OF YOU DAVIS!!! Way to go Potty Champ!



10 comments:
A classic blog.Great play by play.We are proud of you Davis.
great pictures and storytelling. I can picture the potty champ now!
WOW! Davis I am so proud of you.I loved your blog. Lauren, you did a wonderful job training Davis. It is not always that easy. He is really a BIG boy now.
Love all of you,
Nana
Go Davis-what a milestone for you and all concerned. You are learning so fast. We can't wait for you and Haley to spend the week with us.
Love
Opa
You captured the week perfectly! A real accomplishment in the end! and your pics are great!
Woo hoo!!! Way to go Davis, and way to go Mommy!
When can I send Amelia over? ;)
yehaw, lauren and davis and matt (and haley)!!! that is fabulous news!
Way to go, Davis! Potty training is something I'm dreading. I hope Tripp will do as well as Davis.
Love it! susan
Good job, Davis! Know you are relieved, Lauren!
Post a Comment