Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lake Hartwell

All ready to fish
Lets go!

Davis learning how to fish
Swimming
Swimming with two crazy uncles(Matthew and Landon)...missed you Thomas
Yes, I like to eat!
Fishin' with Daddy. "I caught a fish mama!"

We spent the past few days with the family at Lake Hartwell. Rented a beautiful, very spacious and family friendly house located right on the water. We had a blast! So nice to away from home and to have lots of extra hands to help...entertain, feed, diaper change, bathe, rock, talk to, hold, find a paci for, shower with, hook a fish with, chase, play with, etc etc etc. Thank you Opa and Mama Lu for a few moments of quiet and a couple extra hours of sleep!

Davis had a blast! Absolutely LOVED every minute of it! Couldn't sleep from all the excitement. Every day, "Fishin Pole(said very southernly), Lake, Life Jacket". So precious! I must say that my favorite quote from Davis was, "I caught a fish mama". Melt my heart son :) They say having a child is like having you heart walking around outside of you, and its so very true!

Here are a few pics to sum up our trip!

6 comments:

MamaLu said...

Wouldn't trade the time all together for anything!We loved it.

Anonymous said...

What a great time you all had at the lake. I know that Davis enjoyed it, and I'm so glad that he caught a fish. Guess MamaLu taught him how !!! I loved all the pictures taken at the lake. Wish you could find some time to come up here. Would love to see you.
Love, Nana

Allison D said...

OH, sounds like you all are doing great. What a wonderful trip with the fam. Can't wait to see you again soon.

Julie Tiemann said...

SO cute! Davis, the little fisherman! And Haley's swimsuit!

Katie Mott said...

Oh what a GREAT post Lauren!! I think that Davis is TOO CUTE and I cannot get over the things he says!! I love it when you post videos of his conversations! TOO CUTE!! That HALEY!! She steals my heart!! Glad to see she is a good eater and that ya'll are doing so well!! It's so great that you had time to go on a family vacation! What a treat! Love your quote at the end, "Having a child..." never heard that and love it!

shug said...

How fun!!!