23weeks 6daysHaley is growing and so am I! We had another OB apt today and everything is right on track. Measuring perfectly and gaining weight according to plan. Random braxton hicks but nothing to be concerned about. I pay close attention to any contractions because the dr is keeping a close eye on me. She plans to check me(oh fun) next apt(28wk) and every apt after that to make sure that there are no cervical changes. This is typically done around 35 weeks but because I delivered early with Davis(4weeks), she wants to catch any sign of preterm labor. She suspects that my contractions will start earlier this time around. Perinatal gave me a percentage: about a 30% chance of having another preterm baby. So 70% that I won't :)
For me, this is a fun stage of pregnancy. Little Haley is moving around a lot and her little jabs are getting stronger each week. Plus, she is now the size of babies in our NICU so I know her approximate size and development each week. Just get me through the "20s"(weeks gestation)! Obviously, our goal is term-37weeks, but the 30s are so much better than the 20s. So hmmm a 24weeker in the unit-a little over 1 pound, fragile-pink-almost see through-skin, eyes just becoming unfused, doesn't like to be touched or stroked b/c of the immature nervous system, head is about the size of my thumb, fast heartbeat(about 160 beats/min), sensitive to noise, and will spend a LONG time in the unit!
So all is good here. Matt has "spring break" next week so no class for a week! Hip hip hooray! Davis is his normal busy, always talking self. And I'm getting more and more hungry by the day :)
6 comments:
Glad the appointment went well and you are taking care of yourself! Not too intense exercising!
I look forward to all of your blogs and enjoy the videos and pictures.
Great! Are you sure you didn't post the same belly pic. as before? YOu look great
You'll have to forgive me if I don't comment on your belly photos - I'm just extremely jealous at how cute you "do pregnant."
How amazing that you can envision what Haley looks like so clearly by your experience in the NICU. I can't believe how little those babies can be and still survive. Thank God for amazing doctors and nurses like you!
What I would give for a belly like you...not pregnant! How exciting to read your description of exactly what stage of development little Haley is in. Wow!
Lauren-- You look FABULOUS!!! Glad all went well at the Dr.!!!!
Love, Megan***
Post a Comment