Friday, February 20, 2009

Color Color Color



Davis loves to color! We went to Target this week and bought him a BIG 120ct box of new crayons and he wants to color with them all! I'm trying to keep it to 3 at a time, so I can keep track of where all we're coloring. Only one incident of coloring off the paper(so far). I was busy in the kitchen when I hear "color color color". No crayons were out... I found Davis behind the couch "coloring" with a pen. Thankfully, there were only a couple little lines on the wall and it came off pretty easily.

He turned 16months old yesterday! Wow he is all toddler now and so much fun! Never stops! I'm lucky to get an hour to myself most days...he is not a napper, so I really hope Haley is! His little personality is coming out more and more. I told Matt the other day how he is so much a "first born" child. Driven, independent, wants to do right, will probably make great grades, etc. He is so sweet and tenderhearted. If he thinks he did wrong, tears well up... It makes me want to cry. I just squeeze him and tell him that it is ok and that I love him.

New favorite words...color, "moo moo"=movie, juice, milk, oops, up, slide, Davis, pop, nudie... our vocab is ever expanding and he communicates what he wants very well now. He ran into the kitchen yesterday and said, "oops, oops" and wanted me to go into the living room. I walked in there with him and he had spilled some of his milk on the coffee table. Wow! Thank you for telling me sweet little boy :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lauren,he sounds so much like Brice was/is. Same first born traits too. It's amazing, isn't it? Good luck with the color, color, color!

Anonymous said...

I see Davis loving his new crayons. He is always ready for the next adventure.....too much to learn to think about sleeping!

Julie Tiemann said...

What a big boy, and so helpful! He's as cute as ever!