Wow! Has it really been...umm..almost 6 months since I've blogged?? Yep and I'm totally fine with that to be perfectly honest. A lot of stress-anxiety-craziness-excitement going on around here. I'll do a quick summary because I don't want to lose you on day 1 of the New Year. Happy New Year by the way :)
Spent the entire summer working like mad every day getting our house ready to list. Spent lots of money updating-painting, new tile, granite, carpet, light fixtures, hardware, etc etc etc etc... Listed August 31st with the best agent ever, Rhonda Haran. Huge blessing and the beginning of a huge God Story. Fired the 1st agent and Matt's eye dr recommended Rhonda. They both go to our church. She rocks!
Kids start preschool in September. Davis 4 day 4s and Haley 3 day 3s. 1st year that I don't have to walk in for drop off and pick up. Car Pool baby!
Start Birds On A Wire. So needed in my life right now! Thankful for Karen's wisdom for us moms. Have the BOAW retreat coming up in Feb. Can't wait :)
End of September-After looking around and seeing
........I looked in Copper Creek back in the spring and thought about how awesome it would be to build near the cul de sac on the back street(Phase III and not yet open). Looked to be a bit out of our price range but kept it in the back of my mind... Rhonda calls mentioning Copper Creek "free basement" incentive-Rhoda and I meet with sales rep a couple days later, walk lots, price it out-looks good-put contract and meet Rhonda's other client who goes to our church-We will be neighbors 2 lots apart! Lot #26-And the wife rocks! Will be great friends :)-Sales rep informs us that a pastor and his wife are building at the top of our street Lot #17..Wow! More believers with young children(answered prayer!)-Then, BOAW and I meet the pastor's wife who has a daughter Haley's age-Then, a FB friend informs me that she used to work in the Ashton Woods design center and gives me tips. Umm I wish you could read my journal entry from 2 weeks prior to this all happening. Awesome to be a part of God's story!
Our current house on the market...Recently painted kitchen and master bath cabinets(Merry Christmas to us...painted cabinets in old house!) and added new hardware. 3 offers since mid Nov but not taking any of them despite multiple counters. Frustrated by the low ball offers. Ridiculous people! Just before Christmas, "Help me Rhonda" got a pre appraisal for us. Its good so Ha you crazy-want to steal our house away-buyers. Look it over! You've got a competitive seller and you're not going to win!
Great time with family over Thanksgiving and around Christmas. Worked Christmas day and NYE but can't complain. I don't think I've worked Christmas in like 5 years and we're supposed to work every other year. Census low. Called off a few times in Dec.
Lot #26 friend diagnosed with a brain tumor. Looks benign. Her surgery is tomorrow morning. My heart is there. Please keep her in your prayers.
My and her favorite verses:
Phillippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Prayer+Thanks=Peace
2 comments:
Glad to see you back but totally understand why you haven't been blogging. Sorry to hear about your friend. Praying that her surgery goes well and all is benign.
So glad to see you back! And glad you let us know you had updated! Love the blog!
Post a Comment