Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Fun

The grave is empty!  He is RISEN!  "No, Mom. Its the tomb not the grave!"-Davis.  Of course...  We've talked a lot over the past few weeks about Christ.  Quite simply, how he died on the cross to pay for all our sins.  And rose on the 3rd day.  And now is ALIVE in heaven.  And that we will be with him in heaven one day if we believe that.  Simple Truth.  And I love that they're hearing it at church and preschool too!

Haley told me this morning that he rose and asked if heaven is far away.  I told her that its not too far.  Its amazing seeing their little minds at work.  Davis has asked a lot of questions recently...about life and death and everything in between.  When both my parents dogs passed away last year, the questions were rolling.  He asked the other day if there were a lot of houses in heaven.  And we were talking just recently about where I used to live before I met Daddy.  He asked, "Where was I?".  I told him that he wasn't born yet.  "Was I dead?" he said.  No, I said and told him that God knew that he would be born one day, but that he hadn't created him in my tummy yet.  That's all he needed.  Their questions keep me on my toes for sure :)  ...And you better believe he asked how little Allie was coming out during my pregnancy.  And "the doctor takes her out of my tummy" answer didn't suffice.  He needed to know how.  So, I told him the simple truth and that's all he needed.  Smart dude.

Anyway, now that I've jumped all over to place I'll finally post our Easter pics.  WARNING! Picture overload!

Easter hunt last weekend in our neighborhood

somebody is guilty of eating chocolate on our ride home

Easter hunt at their school

can you see my 2 teeth!  Yep I got another one!

Mommy and her little bunny
Allie hunting eggs during the "toddler hunt"

placing them in her basket

I love Easter eggs!

Haley at the 2 year old egg hunt at their school

Davis collecting eggs at the preschool hunt

just a little smile please

our 3 babies

dying eggs!

Fun memories

Haley dyed all her eggs pink..then purple

Easter morning before church...8:15am

cheese

Davis and Allie

The girls love their big brother

Easter baskets after church

Yeah a new Beyblade

markers

a little lamb

Allie checking out her Easter basket

Peeps!

sweet Haley

All done with pics mommy

2 going on 8

we tried

Allie LOVED her 1st Easter meal.  Ham, Mac n Cheese and Peas!  Yummm :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful weekend, beautiful children, beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

You and Matt are exceptional role models for your little ones. Wonderful pictures! They make me want to grab each of them up and hug them!
MamaLu

Anonymous said...

Great times and memories. Wonderful parents and children - a family, the way God planned it. You are blessed.

love Opa