Monday, October 17, 2011

God Made Me Fantastic!

God Made Me Fantastic!  Our family goes to North Point Community church, and we love it!  The kids love going to Waumba Land(preschool program) every week :)  Every month there's a Big Idea-October: God Loves Everything About Me! and Memory Verse-October: "I am wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14.  Davis and Haley learn one verse a month, and they're amazing at it!  They still remember the verses from a couple months ago.

Plus there are Playtime and Bedtime activies for each week during the month.  For example, last week I got out the chalk and traced around Davis and Haley's bodies.  Then, I told them that God made their different parts and that they are wonderfully made.  And at bedtime, we talk about how God made them. 

My favorite thing-there's a App with everything right at my fingertips!!!  Anyone can get it and its FREE.  Its called ParentStuf.  You don't have to go to North Point to enjoy these activities with your little ones.  Highly recommend it! 


"For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,

when I was woven togther in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16


These verses are special to me because I read them over and over again when I was pregnant.  Pregnancy was a time is life when I had no control and it taught me to thank God for this precious life that he was knitting inside and to TRUST Him.  I would sometimes worry about a miscarriage, bleeding, stillbirth, heart defect, Downs, incompatible with life, amniotic bands, nuchal cord etc.  (working in a NICU doesn't help matters..) but ultimately I had to lay down my fears and TRUST.  Trust that if He chose to allow something to happen that I could still Trust, Trust the One who brought me this far, Trust the One that got me through 2 miscarriages(both very early), Trust the One who got me through preterm labor, Trust the One who knew these babies before I even thought about babies.  Thank You Father for these 3 precious little ones that you Made Fantastic!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How precious! They are beautiful and fantastic. This blog was so awesome! These precious children are so lucky to have Matt and you for parents.

Anonymous said...

This is a gteat blog. Know you are wonderful parents. God is so good !
Love all of you, Nana

Anonymous said...

God has given you three beautiful children! We are blessed!
MamaLu

Nicole said...

so sweet!

Julie Tiemann said...

Love this post! I too am so grateful for our church. My girls are taking it like sponges. What an important message - especially for girls - to get ingrained at such a young age!