Monday, May 2, 2011

Covered

I thought we had our first run in with poison ivy over the weekend.  Davis had a splotchy-little-irritated area above his right eye and on his right cheek.  Then, last night it spread to his chest and back.  He was up several times in the night, so I covered him in calamine lotion around 3:30am.  But then today THIS(see below):  Covered in little red dots and whelts from ear to toe!  Needless to say, I took him to the ped.  MD said it looked like a viral rash and BAD allergic reaction to something...possibly environmental.  He slid all over the grass on the slip n slide on Saturday, and that's all that I can think of...  It hasn't really bothered him but gave him Benadryl with dinner.  Hoping he(and us) get a restful nights sleep!  MD said the rash should be gone in 2-3 days.  Lets hope! 





4 comments:

Lossie Family Adventures said...

Oh poor Davis - we've had our share of hives - hope gets better fast!!!

Anonymous said...

Davis... buddy you look so pitiful. Granny T wishes she could make it better. I don't like to see you looking so miserable. Tell sister to rub lots of lotion on you and to give you a big hug for me and you hug sister for me also
I love you,
Granny T

Jennifer said...

Poor guy and you! Hope it clears up soon and isn't too itchy!

Anonymous said...

ouchy! Shug