Tuesday, May 3, 2011

31 weeks 1 day

So, went to the OB this morning... AND 1 cm dilated!  Really???  Surprised because I haven't really had many regular contractions.  Sure, I'm having some braxton hicks, and I'm definitely having more than I was a few weeks ago but nothing concerning.  OB wasn't too surprised and said my cervix probably just opens easily and that it may not be contraction related.  She wasn't too worried(my cervix is still long long long) but wants me to put my feet up and chill after 3pm aka modified bed rest for a few weeks.  No work this weekend and 8 hr shifts after that(pain to schedule b/c we do 12s).  Our census is low in the unit and after speaking with my supervisor, I've decided to go ahead and start leave.  Yeah!  I've joked with Matt that I just need to get myself dilated and then I can have the weekends off with him.  Well, here ya go :)

OB said, "I don't really care how many cm you are once you get to 35 weeks" so a month to prevent too much drama.  She also said, "you'll probably still be sitting here at 37 weeks"...  We shall see. 



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We will miss you at work, even though I probably won't be working any time soon either! Take care of yourself and sweet Allie, or have Matt take care of you! ;) June will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

you look great!