The past week(or two) has been really rough around here! We're all tired and grumpy and tired and grumpy..oh did I already say that. Well its true! Thank goodness for sunshine and flip flops because we would all be about over the edge right about now. Why you ask??? simply a lack of sleep and "nap/quiet" time.
Both kids were up at least once a night a couple weeks ago...start of pollen season :), runny noses, humidifiers running, and Davis ended up with an ear infection. Thankfully, our ped office is open for sick visits on Saturdays so Daddy was able to get him checked out and the pink stuff(or white stuff nowadays) picked up(free from Publix by the way!). I've worked a lot recently, so its been Saturday Daddy duty. Hats off to Matt; he does a great job! ...And gets a taste of what I do every day :)
This past week Haley got hit over the head by this pollen stuff! Woke up last weekend with eyes swollen-which turned into some sort of bacterial infection(thank goodness I had sample drops which knocked it out in a day)-and now its all down in her chest. Which means she can't lie flat without hacking up a lung! Which means napping and sleeping are for the birds. No nap for past 3 days + up multiple times a night=tired little girl(and mommy and daddy) who is literally throwing things by the end of the day and just not acting like her sweet self. I've had to break out her inhaler a few times because her lungs were SO tight. My stethoscope has come in very handy these days!
I'm taking a deep breath as a write because Haley is SLEEPING in her crib(elevated with pillow)!!! Thank you God for knowing our needs. Please give her the rest her little body and brain need and give us the patience to be the mommy and daddy that both she and Davis deserve.
Bye bye spring break(ha!). Be gone!
1 week ago
2 comments:
Hopefully the pollen has peaked. In spite of the pollen, we loved seeing them this week.
MamaLu and Opa
Oh, Lauren...what a bad run at it ya'll have had. Hang in there! This too shall pass!
Post a Comment