Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

We had a blast carving pumpkins yesterday(..turned into a cul-de-sac carving party!) and enjoyed a yummy spaghetti dinner Halloween party at the neighbors tonight before heading out to "trick or treat". 

Haley wanted nothing to do with her butterfly costume, so I pulled out a little fairy outfit in a hand-me-down box from a friend of mine.  That worked out a little better...  She pulled and tugged and shed a few tears during it all but settled down and enjoyed herself once she got outside.  She was saying "trick or treat" by the end of the night!  And Davis had a BLAST!  Took him a little while before he felt comfortable walking to the door(with his buds) without me, but built up the courage by the end of our street.

cul-de-sac carving party

Haley and I carving our pumpkin

Ours in the far right

Davis having fun with silly string

yuck!

Davis comforting Haley and telling her its ok

my handsome fireman

not happy!

a little better

2 little ones

about to head out

Davis and his best friends, David and Sydney(next door)

walking to dinner

Juice box mom.  No milk.

Davis with Nitin(SWAT)

Haley wanted to eat all her candy.  Happy camper :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great story in pictures... and loved the Haley smile in the end. The children are enjoying great times in the neighborhood!
Mama Lu

Anonymous said...

These are GREAT pictures! I'm sure it was a fun weekend. Davis and Haley looked so cute. Thanks for sharing.
Love,mobt Nana

Laura said...

They looked so cute in their costumes! Glad they had fun by night's end!
Laura

Jennifer said...

I know it wasn't funny when it was happening but Haley crying in her costume cracked me up! Many wardrobe battles ahead, I'm sure. Anna and Haley would get along well with eating all their candy!

Julie Tiemann said...

SO cute! I know that wasn't her original costume, but I like how it ended up matching Davis'. :)