Monday, October 18, 2010

Davis' 3rd Birthday Pary

We celebrated Davis' 3rd birthday this past Saturday with family and friends!  Sported a NERF theme and let the boys shoot targets and play war.  Opened gifts* and then enjoyed pizza, juice boxes, cake and chocolate ice cream.  Yum!  Davis is a chocolate boy and wanted chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream :)

This was his 1st BOY party...debated whether to invite all the girls from playgroups but decided otherwise.  His best play buddies are the kids in the cul de sac(ages 3-12), so that's who we invited.  Plus, 2 of his other friends.

*Opening gifts at a party-We rarely attend parties where gifts are opened.  I've thought about this and personally don't like it!  We all put thought and effort into buying gifts and I enjoy watching a child open the gift that I purchased.  Plus it shows a little respect.  And I think opening gifts in front of other children teaches valuable lessons for all involved.  Say "thank you"-appreciate what you have-be thankful for what you get-its not always your day-when it is your day, enjoy every minute of it!  My opinion of course :)














4 comments:

Marylu said...

A FUN FILLED birthday! Everyone had a great time. What a special 3 year old.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Davis!!! It's the 19th right? Anyway, I can hardly believe he is three. I must say I loved Brice at three, still little but showing his grown-up side too. And, I agree with you on the gifts...unless you are on a time table at a jumpy place or something like it! Brice is so disappointed when the birthday kid doesn't open gifts after he's helped me pick it out and wrap it.

Allison D said...

Cannot believe he is 3 already! Happy Birthday Big Boy Davis!

Susan and Lee said...

I have had that issue of opening presents or not. Jake's last party we didn't, but I did kind of feel bad and I know Jake always wants to see others open his gifts too. Gives me something to think about for next year!