I'm bored... No not me, crazy! And Davis doesn't exactly say it that way..its more like, "AHHHHH and NO" at the top of his lungs. But I get it none the less. He is bored and wants to be challenged, learn new things, explore, play, jump, run, etc. Be wild and free!
I want to come up with new fun activities for us to do together... As a newer mom, its a work in progress. I adore newborns and babies and the 1st year "activity list" comes pretty naturally for me. The whole preschool age is new and definitely has its challenges. I'm learning.
I must say that my parents are GREAT at it(building bluebird houses, learning about magnets, making airplanes, planting gardens, etc) and inspire me to be a better and more creative mom. My mom is a standout teacher and did a super job homeschooling us as well...(I was homeschooled 3-6th grade in case you didn't already know). I am forever grateful for everything she taught us! And now, I'm trying to do some of the same things with my little ones.
Decided to start teaching Davis about the United States after July 4th rolled around and he and Haley made American flags at MamaLu and Opa's house. Trying to put all the pieces together in his little mind. He can find CT(where uncle Matthew is), GA, AL(starts with an "A" next to GA), FL(the beach), TX(the big orange one), AK(where its cold), and CA(way over there).
And Davis loves to do the calendar. We update it almost daily and he can follow along and see when upcoming events will occur. For example, "only 2 days 'till Mommy's Birthday." :)
Random "art" from today. His personality is coming out more and more and this picture says a LOT! Take a guess. Likes structure, consistency, things to be done right, order. Had to snap a pic.
And not to leave Haley out! She is walking everywhere now! Started walking just before she turned 13 months but would walk-crawl-crawl-walk. She is now full on WALKING.
1st pair of running shoes! 5W.




5 comments:
Davis and Haley are sponges for learning. You are doing a great job!
What a joy and what a challenge!
You are a GREAT mom. I am struggling with how to do all this too... Hey, where did you get that calendar? So cute!
Lauren, you are a great Mom. I know that Davis keeps you busy as he is always busy.Loved seeing Haley walking so well and her cute new running shoes!
You do have wonderful parents who love helping you.
Love,
Nana
Look at Miss Haley go! Hooray!
Oh, and these boys...I am beginning to wonder if they have a battery pack stored in their little bodies somewhere. Whew, it takes a lot of energy and creativity to wear em out!
Post a Comment