
We had Davis' 2 1/2 year check up this morning! The AAP now recommends a 30 month well visit, so I checked with insurance and sure enough they cover it. Glad we got in because he had a fever all weekend. Strep culture turned up negative so must be one of those crazy virus' out there. He is still not 100% but felt much better today.
Stats: 40.5 inches(>99% ...officially off the chart!..3 1/2 inches in 6 months) for height and 38 1/2 lbs(99%) for weight. His head measures 20 in and falls in the 85th percentile. Not too shabby. Dr E asked how tall Matt and I are(5'11" and 5'6") and ventured to say that Davis would be around 6'1" or so. Sounds good to me! But then again, they told my mom I'd be at least 5'8" and here I am 2 inches shy...a mere inch taller than I was at age 11! I knew he'd grown a bunch recently because he's almost caught our 5 year old next door neighbor!
What's new? great appetite but much more picky with his veggies, very aware of sweets(out of site out of mind), enjoyed his 1st taste of chocolate milk a couple weeks ago and loved it, he is hesitant about new foods but sometimes he will try it, look at me and say, "I love it!", learned the months of the year song and knows all of our birthday months, no longer needs his blanky at school, enjoys having Chick fil A picnics after class, fun to watch him imitate how I interact with Haley...just this week he blew her hair out of her face and tried to put her bow back in, loves to give her kisses and tries to get her to crawl after him, favorite activity-playing with the neighborhood kids, loves it when mommy and daddy are both home on the weekend so we can all be together.
Love you sweet boy!
5 comments:
growing up in such a hurry! We love you Davis...such a sweet big brother!Mama Lu and Opa
Holy cow Lauren what are you feeding him...Parker is 36 pounds and 40 inches tall and he's about to be 4!!!!! Wow....how are you going to feed that child when he's 16!!! better get a second fridge :)
Wow! One day we have to get Amelia and Davis together to compare them side by side, since she's on the bottom of those charts. :) Fun post!
They grow up too quickly!!! Both Davis and Haley are precious. I want to see them in person.
Big boy! Future Georgia Bulldog...in some sport!
Post a Comment