Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary, sweetheart!



Matt and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Friday!  God brought me a wonderful-sweet-patient-kind-selfless-hard working man who is my perfect match.  I remember telling my parents before we met that I needed to marry a financial guy b/c I am not by any stretch of the imagination a business minded girl.  Zero business classes in college and just had a hard time grasping economics in high school.  Love the sciences, so Matt and I were on opposite sides of the UGA campus(at the same time...little did we know).  God knows what he is doing :)  And his laid backness compliments my more high strung, perfectionisticness.  They say what first attracts can drive you crazy and I can attest to this :) ...so can he!

My parents watched the kiddos so we could do dinner and a movie yesterday. ...its bad when you have no idea the last movie you saw in a theatre together...has it really been a year or two???  I love going to see a good movie, but the high price tag and lack of quality movies keeps me away. Went to see Blind Side-awesome and highly recommend it! Just love movies based on a true story.  Left theatre wanting to hug my babies and love as many other children as I can.  Now that's a good movie! 

A lot has changed since my Daddy walked me down the aisle 5 years ago.  We feel so blessed for each other and our precious children!

4 comments:

Kate Parker said...

Happy Anniversary!

Saw that movie, too...loved it. I was the cry-baby in the theater that day. Those true stories make me weepy!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! We love you both.
Mama Lu

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary. You both (and of course Davis & Haley) are wonderful blessings. Mama Lu & I enjoyed keeping Davis & Haley...they blessed to have you as parents.
Love
Opa

Julie Tiemann said...

Congratulations on five years!!