Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First days

So sleepy
Wide eyed
Stretching out on Nana's lap
Cute as a button
1st bath at home

Haley's 1st ped apt went well yesterday. A little jaundiced, but they checked a bili and it was just fine(11.9). She is back to her birth weight of 7lb 0oz, so she is getting plenty of milk from me. Nursing was a major ordeal with Davis, so I'm praying that this works out for us this time around. So far we're doing okay....I'll spare you the details but a shied is the key for us right now. Breastfeeding=major OUCH! My milk is in and with Haley's crazy strong suck, I really think this may be successful.

The first few days...Lots of sleeping and eating. She is most awake between 7 and 9 in the morning. Went 4 hours between feeds last night. Hoping that continues and only lengthens. Wishful thinking I know. She wanted to eat every 1 1/2hrs from 5 until 8 last night which isn't in the NICU RN playbook, but I didn't have much say in the matter. Fed her and I guess it helped keep her full through the night.

Davis is adjusting well and very curious about the whole nursing thing. I just keep telling him, "Can you believe Haley wants more milk from mommy? Isn't she silly?". He thinks its hilarious.

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY MATT! YOU'RE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND DADDY :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love every minute with Davis and Haley...both so precious. Davis is laughing at his new "big boy bed" at our house tonight...we'll see what he thinks at bedtime! Mama Lu

Julie Tiemann said...

That gives me hope that nursing is going easier for you this time. As you may remember, we had one disaster after another with Amelia. But I'm willing to give it another try with baby #2!

Haley is SOO cute. That one of her stretching is precious!

Susan and Lee said...

She is beautiful! I love seeing your videos and even more fun to hear your voice on them. YOur voice is so sweet!

Jennifer said...

Lauren, Tell Matt Happy Birthday from all of us! Also, keep up the good work with the nursing. I still wish I had kept trying, just had too many factors to deal with as far as Anna's issues! I think she would've nursed forever if I hadn't had to start supplementing her. Even if it's stressful, try to keep going.

susan said...

I can't believe you are back to blogging!!!! I haven't even checked, assuming you wouldn't have time. Can't wait to meet this little doll tomorrow! Yippee!