1 week ago
Friday, March 20, 2009
Spring
I'm so glad that spring is here!!! The warmer temps and blooming flowers bring a sense of newness and excitement about the new year. Its so much fun watching Davis play outside, and I just can't wait to see him in the pool this summer. Swimming is so much a part of my life, and I look forward to teaching him how to swim.
One piece of swimming advice that I can give friends with babies...toss the floaties! The kids who grow up "swimming" vertically have a frog-like kick that is very difficult to work with. Sure it works for breaststroke but that's about it. Just a thought...
On another note...Davis turned 17 months old on Thursday! Wow our little boy is growing up! He is talking great and pretty much tells us what he wants which is so helpful. And saying little phrases... "I kick", "I throw", "I stepping" etc. He repeats just about everything! Some of his recent favorite words are...up, stuck, juice, book, stool, shoot, soccer ball, basketball, golf ball, score!, blanky. He loves balls and trucks! 100% boy! Finds pictures of all the sporting balls in his UGA book and likes to identify them. Great appetite. Naps about 30min in the morning and 30min-1h in the afternoon. Keeping me VERY busy :)
Doing great in his twin bed!!! Hooray! The extra long and extra high side rail on one side, wall, headboard, and body pillow shoved between the foot board and the mattress has done the trick. He says "up" when he is ready to get up and hasn't tried to climb out...yet. Matt and I don't get in the bed with him and treat it like we did his crib. He is a champ!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
swim season coming up! Can't wait to see Davis at the pool!
Yay! A new blog to read...how exciting! I had heard you were having a little girl! Congrats! When are you due? I'm sure Davis is going to be such a sweet big brother. Yeah...we did plan that just right. No holidays!
Post a Comment