Monday, November 3, 2008

IRONMEN

Landon pushing through the marathon
Thomas' Ironman finish!
Future triathlete cheering on the boys

Congratulations to Landon and Thomas on finishing the IRONMAN Beach to Battleship!!! You Are An Ironman!!! For those that aren't familiar with an Ironman triathlon...2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run...aka-Insanity!

This was Landon's first Ironman, and he did great despite a flat tire at mile 70 of the bike that took 3 people and 30 minutes to change. Way to hang in there following a huge mental blow.

Thomas dropped 1 1/2 hrs off his Ironman time from last year! Way to go!

They are both sore but doing great! It was great being in Wilmington to cheer them on. Will try to post a couple pics soon.

Here is a link to check the results/splits: http://www.setupevents.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=848#results-text.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your brothers for being able to do an Ironman! I know they enjoyed you being there to cheer them on!

Anonymous said...

I'm so wowed by your brothers!

Marylu said...

I am so glad we could all be together this past weekend supporting Landon and Thomas. How ironic that with Matthew being the only sibling away, a Coast Guard cutter was in port next door to our hotel. Thank you Lauren, Matt, and Davis for being great supporters!