Thursday, November 20, 2008

Davis and Marshall

Hey! Aren't we cute :)
What are you doing Davis?
let me tell you something
wait come a little closer
A friend of mine from college(Chanler) and her little boy(Marshall) came over to play today. It was so good to have them over. Its always good to bounce baby food ideas off of each other. The transition from baby food-bottle-baby food-bottle...to....real food-sippy-snack-real food(ie-gotta cook)... is definitely a transition. No more meals on the whim or cereal for dinner. ..I guess I could still do the cereal thing, but the two guys in the house don't really go for that.

So what does everyone else feed their kids? I need some ideas? A little more variety or something.

Here's a typical day for Davis:

Breakfast-egg, old fashioned oatmeal or waffle(Kashi) with some fruit
Lunch-grilled cheese, deli meat, cooked frozen veggies, canned(no sugar added) fruit, ...the occasional pasta
Dinner-whatever we eat...if we don't have much, or I can't get it fixed by 6pm(Davis' dinner time) then a Graduate dinner works great!

I'd love to hear from you under comments :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like his beanie cap. Grandpa Morrison would say fix him a pot of pinto's with cornbread,milk and onions and let him go at it. I myself wouldn't advise it. Looks like he's enjoying his play-mate and the outdoors.
Grandma T

Anonymous said...

sweet potatoes are good and easy to cook in the microwave.

Anonymous said...

Feed that boy a 20oz T-Bone. The future UGA football star needs that protein.

Uncle Matt2