Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our A+ student

I have a bible study on Wednesday mornings at a local church, and Davis goes to "class" for 2 1/2 hours that day. Its a nice break for me, and he is a A+ student!! So I will brag on him a little bit. The teachers say that he is an eager participant in craft time and got to go first with the painting activity a couple weeks ago. He came home with red paint all over the place. They told me not to worry...it'll wash off. It did! He has no problem leaving mommy and playing all morning long. They tell me he has a great time playing every week.
And he loves his new KidsKlub(gym)! They worker told me today that he is so sweet and let me know that she would take him home any day. No way jose!!

My mom informed me that Davis did NOT get this wonderful behavior from me(yes I'm fully aware of that)!! Instead, I was the child screaming when mom dropped me off and continued to scream in the corner of the classroom. Yep that was me! And my fears continued through elementary school. Thus, the need to yank my hiney out of school to be home schooled for a few years. So, thank you Matt for passing along the sweet-playful-fun loving gene!
Thought for the day..."Emotions do not hold onto us. We hold onto them."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures look like you are enjoying the moment!
Davis,...so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great, great pictures, Lauren. Maybe the clingy gene comes from the Thomas side of the family...Anna Claire has it. Thanks goodness I'm one of the ones she loves to cling to. Glad Davis didn't inherit it!