in the final leg of the 4x100 free relay
The American men smashed the 4x100 free relay world record last night in dramatic fashion!!! I stayed up to watch it, and it was well worth it! It was one of the most amazing races that I have ever watched. Phelps led off the relay with a new American record in the 100 free(your split counts if you lead off the relay), and Jason Lezak anchored the team with the fastest split in history by over a 1/2 second! He chased down a frenchman and out touched him by 0.08 seconds. Way to ride his wake Lezak! The guys were jumping up and down screaming, and I jumped off the couch screaming inside. By the way, Lezak split 46.06 for the 100 meter free!!! Are you kidding me??? The world record in the 100 free is 47.24(broken last night by a lead off Australian swimmer). Oh and the swimmer Lezak passed(Bernard) was the former world record holder.
If you missed it check it out at: http://www.nbcolympics.com. It'll give you chill bumps. So the possibility of 8 golds for Phelps continues...
Loving all the coverage and can't wait for more!

9 comments:
I was up nursing William and was about to jump off my coach too. It was SO exciting. Poor William was startled by it all. Go Team USA.
AMAZING!!!!
I was wondering why I stayed up so late....until the finish... What a race!
I jumped up and I was screaming!! AMAZING! Glad I'm on Central time not as late for me.
Lauren, I'm loving the coverage too. Zack and I are up way, WAY past our bedtime, because it's all so exciting. BUT, knowing how excited you've been about it all, counting down the days, etc., I think of you the whole time and know it would be even more fun watching it with you!
It was a great race! I couldn't stay up for it...REALLY TIRED... but Will recorded it for me so I could watch it the next day and it was still unbelievable! USA all the way!
Swimming has been great!
Sweet! Didn't know you were a blogger too - fun stuff!
Yep, loving this Olympic stuff, especially since we're up all hours of the night... it's really nice to have something other than informercials. ;)
Wow Davis has grown up a ton since I last saw him. I just caught up on several of your log posts. Sounds like you are doing well. Hope to talk to you soon
Matthew
Post a Comment