Monday, August 18, 2008

The blue screen of death

Well I've been completely out of the loop lately. With the Olympics and the fact that our computer...DIED. Goodness we're spoiled with internet access 24/7! Its definitely a "rich person problem." So, I turn it on last week and I get the lovely blue screen of death that informs me that a serious error has occurred. Perfect timing!! Hello? The swimming is still going on and I need(?) to check splits and see the 1500 prelim results. Oh well not much you can do now

Thankfully, we were able to get all of our pictures saved to an external hard drive. Now, we've got to find a computer geek to fix the problem because Matt is back in school and really needs it. I mean I hope it can be fixed...we really don't want to spend even more money this month on a new computer. We've spent plenty of $ already on Matt's car. Apparently, they hit the 100,000 mile marker and fall apart.

Anyway, the Olympic swimming was AMAZING!!! 8 Golds is simply CRAZY! And hats off to Natalie Coughlin on her 6 medals and Rebecca Soni for a surprising world record win over the Australian star, Leisel Jones. Watched every minute of the finals.

Davis and I are enjoying a quick mountain get away to Nana and Pop's. Matt is hitting the books.

Thought for the day...the cool fresh air in the north georgia mountains...so refreshing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss your blogs and pics. Hope you are back in the computer business soon. Good luck, Matt, with your schooling this semester.

Anonymous said...

Heard about your crazy trip to the mountains. So sorry!!!! Hope Davis is better now and that you don't get it!