Monday, June 30, 2008

Exciting week

We got our tv Sunday night!! Just in time for the TRIALS! So excited! Thanks to Matt for getting it all set up for us. Looks amazing, and I no longer have to worry about losing my eyesight from the other tv. Now we can host UGA tailgate parties! Can't wait!

And oh my goodness...the prelims of the trials are being broadcast live on nbcolympics.com. Josh Davis(Olympian in '96 and '00) does the broadcasting and does a great job. Yes, you can say I'm obsessed because its definitely true.

I've always been a huge fan of the Olympic games. I guess it was something that inspired me as a young child. And still does. I never made it to the trials, but I can relate to these swimmers. The grueling workouts, crazy "dry land", the feeling of barely being able to lift your arms out the water because you're just "dead", and complete exhaustion... and yet you keep swimming... These athletes are aerobic, anaerobic machines. Congratulations to the less than 1/2% of US swimmers that made it the TRIALS. 50 will make the team out of over 1200 competing.

10min and counting...gotta go cheer them on!

Thought for the day...2 world records fell last night. What about 2night?

4 comments:

Allison D said...

Hey Lauren! I've been thinking of you this week. I've been hooked on the trials every night. USA broadcasted last night. Amazingly enough...there are still a few names out there from our era: Peter Marshall, Amanda Beard. They are considered "old". ha! If they are old then what does that make us?

Michael laughs at me because I act like a commentator while we watch. I'm probably pretty annoying.

Anonymous said...

I miss you, Davis! I know you are as busy as ever! I hope to see you when we get back in town. I know you all are enjoying the swim trials! We saw Eric get 4th last night and hope he can make it in the 200 Breast later this week!! Can't wait to see the long awaited TV!

Anonymous said...

How can Davis be growing up so quickly???? I can't believe he's scooting around furniture. What kind of tv did you end up getting?

Kate Parker said...

I am loving the trials as well. SO exciting!

Can't wait to catch up at the gym soon....I've got tons of questions about them....like why do the swimmers hit themselves all over before the start? Looks strange...and painful!

Hope all is well!