Thursday, March 13, 2008

45-min Intruder

So, I've been reading "Baby Wise" and have gotten some great advice. It has really helped us give Davis a routine, and he has been sleeping though the night for over a month now! It mentions a "45-min intruder"(a baby just wakes up crying after napping for only 45min) appearing at 7-8weeks and again around 4 months.

Yesterday, he woke up screaming after napping for only 25min. I know he was exhausted and tried to let him cry it out. It was awful just sitting there listening to him cry! The book mentions approaching it 1st as a hunger problem vs a sleep problem. So, after 15min we were both crying...I picked him up and made him a full bottle. He downed it! Not sure what that means(b/c he can eat and eat and eat), but I'm going to try and make bigger bottles today. Plus, I'm going to try and keep him up a little longer before napping. Hopefully, that will do the trick.

Anyway, today is gorgeous and Davis is in a great mood so far! He slept until 9:15 this morning...sweet baby was so tired. We've already been outside and learned about sticks, leaves, and pine cones. Look forward to him running around outside. Its so refreshing!

Thought for the day...I wonder if the 2 UNC murderers had father figures

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet baby. Grandma T loves you.

miriam said...

Love your blog, Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Davis loves chillin' in his diapers!
It has been a beautiful day to be outside.Let's hope it stays so nice.

blondsurgeon said...

love the videos!! Keep em coming!

Kate Parker said...

he is too cute. just want to eat him up!