Thursday, January 12, 2012

Long overdue Christmas In Pics


Christmas card pic 2011

2nd card pic 2011


Now that Valentines Day is a mere month away, a Christmas blog is way overdue!  I definitely want to pass along the excitement of Christmas morning in pics :)  Its delightful and so joyous to experience Christmas through the eyes of a child.  Their smiles light up the room! 

I have so many exciting memories surrounding Christmas morning, and I want to create the same excitement for our children.  I remember... the excitement waiting in Mom and Daddy's room to walk into the den together to see our "Santa" gifts and open presents-waiting for Daddy to get his camera-as I got older, my 2 youngest brothers would wake up really early and run past my door intentional being loud to wake me up(a day with no swim practice, so I could actually sleep in for a first...not happening!)-opening gifts slowly to appreciate the thought behind the gift-Nintendo "Santa" gift one year-goodies and fruit in our stockings-spending the day at home together playing with toys and eating a delicious lunch-reading the Christmas story.  Ahhh the memories :)

And now a few new memories...


All set up!
Davis' new army set

A new Lite Brite and sleeping bag

a new sleeping bag and glow seahorse

stockings full

car track

Mickey! Haley wanted a Mickey to go with her Minnie

1st puzzle

ice cream playdough set

Candy Land

best gift of 2011!

Cheese!  My baby is getting SO big!

oh yeah stockings!

lollipops-Haley's fav stocking gift :)

elmo bath colors

Allie's stocking


stylin' with her bells

IPad2!  Shocked!  Are you kidding me??? Thanks Daddy!!!
After Christmas at our house, we ventured to Mama Lu and Opa's for a couple nights!  We had so much fun seeing all the aunts and uncles and just hanging out.  Matthew and Hillary arrived from China Christmas Eve night, so the kids enjoyed playing with the Chinese toys they picked up for them.  Fun to see all their pictures too (peace!).  Now, we just need a few cousins for the kids to play with... :)





The following week, we enjoyed a 3rd Christmas with Granny T, and aunt Brooke and uncle Michael.  So good to see everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas time with family!

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures! Looks like you had a great Christmas.There is nothing like having kids to open their gifts. So happy that you got an I-Pad 2 for Christmas. Love all of you, Nana