Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nursing Champ!!!

Allie 27 days old

I'm SO proud of our little girl!  Allie is a nursing champ!  As many of you already know, nursing did not go well with the other two.  I'll spare you the details here, but I ended up strictly pumping and feeding a breast milk/formula mixture for 4 or 5 months before dropping the pump all together.  So, while I was pregnant this time around, we literally prayed that this little one would be a good nurser.  I couldn't imagine pumping for 5 months with 2 little ones.  And our prayers were answered!  Thank you God!  The 1st couple weeks were a bit of a challenge, but I've healed and we've both got the hang of it now.  So proud of you Allie :)  

And Allie had another check up yesterday(27 days old).  Gaining weight like a champ!!!  She weighed 7lbs 10oz(26%) and was 20.75 inches long(66%).  Dr E said, "She's not in the 90s yet".  Ha :)  I told her both other kids hit the 90% at their 2 month check up.  Will Allie follow suit???  We shall see...

A video of what happens in our house while Allie nurses :)  I'm having to get over the clutter.







2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay for Allie! And for you. I am praying that Kyle is easy as pie with the nursing too and that he gains good weight doing it. Third times a charm, I guess!

Anonymous said...

You captured it well! Davis and Haley are full of life and Allie is a beautiful addition! Hang in there...a even bigger pay day comes later!
MamaLu