Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Storm 2011


What a way to enter 2011-BLASTED with SnOw!  5-6" came in Sunday night and now we're house bound because of terrible ice conditions...(not a storm that Atlanta's few snow plows can handle).  I mean seriously, how would the Northeast handle it with 10 snow plows..NOT WELL!  No school again tomorrow for Fulton county(that's 4 days in a row!).  With a low of 13 tonight and high tomorrow of 32, I predict we'll be home again Friday.  Which to be perfectly honest, is A OK with me!  Because all the cul-de-sac kids and Davis' friends are HOME all week with us!  Loving it and it brings back summer memories of cul-de-sac hang outs.  Davis loves playing with his friends and I enjoy some girl talk with other mommies :)  Plus, we've loved having Daddy home all week with us.  He is working but its still nice!

Davis has had a blast sledding though Haley isn't a huge fan of the cold and ice.  Don't blame her really...brrr!  She's warming up to the idea though and it hasn't taken nearly as much force and tears to get her outside :)


yard


5-6 inches of snow covering the car

all ready to play!


venturing out


Haley and Davis

Davis and his best bud, David.


a sheet of ice!


snowgirl!

inside tent time!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a snow storm...the earlier forecasts were the most accurate-predicted more snow. Our memories will fade like the melting snow, but these great pictures will continue telling their stories. What a blessing families & friends are.
Love Opa

Anonymous said...

What an amazing snow! I know it has
been quite an experiance. I can't help but feel like Haley -- Brrrrr!
I'm sure Davis has enjoyed all of it. Not too sure that MamaLu has enjoyed it because she will have to make up days this summder !!!!
Love, Nana