Haley loves her new Bible!
Hanging out with Daddy
Mommy, Daddy and Haley
I love to stand up!
Cheese!
All tired out....
Yesterday, we had Haley's baby dedication at our church. We gathered with family to celebrate Haley's life and our commitment to teach her to run after the heart of God! Being a parent is such an incredible blessing and responsibility. We're so thankful for both our precious children and want to be the best parents that we can be.
Being parents of 2 little ones is very challenging, and I thought it'd be neat to hear words of wisdom from the older and wiser parents out there. Any parenting advice for us new(er) parents? Look forward to reading your comments :)






6 comments:
Don't ever get too busy to listen.
Oh my goodness! I want to read your comments too!! I'd love to hear some great advice!! btw - that haley is TOOO cute!! I just cannot stand it!! And I watched the video Jenni took of Davis and Caleb jumping off the couch at your playdate! SOOOO funny!! Wish we could be at those playdates!!
Lauren, I am terrible at things like this...can never come up with "advice" or "words of wisdon" at showers! But as I absolutely live for my times with my grandchildren, I wish I had relaxed more with my own children and laughed and cherished each day more. At the same time, as I watch my own girls "mother", I remember how hard it was...to balance discipline, to show patience when exhausted, etc. But laugh much and try your best to savor each day. They grow up so quickly. And for the record, I think you are doing a GREAT job!
You and Matt have your priorities in the right place...striving to lead your children to a relationship with God. Keep your SITE on what is true: S Serve others. there are always those around you with a need no matter how simple. I Interests and "bents" of each child are different. They are God-given for His good. T Time together. You are so busy and so much to do.....just slow down and enjoy the time. they are grown before you know it. E Establish boundaries consistently and in love. Your children want it. We love you both and think you are both doing a great job!
Great pictures! Would you belive I took like one photo at Lily's babyD? It was all I could do to keep Amelia in-line. ;) Thankfully a friend took a couple for us, so I'll try to blog about it soon.
Haley's so adorable!!!
It looks like Haley is already into God's word! That is an amazing picture of her with her new Bible.You and Matt are wonderful parents. I wish that I had done a better job when my children were growing up. In spite of my failures, they have all turned out to be wonderful adults. I would spend more time playing, listening and doing things with them no matter what I had to do.They should be your first priority as they grow up so fast. Always show them that you love them and guide them to love the Lord. Make Him very important in their lives.Pray every day!!! I know you will always be great parents to your children.Let them know that you love each other also.
Sorry we couldn't be there for Haley's dedication. She is so precious! Love all of you, Nana
Post a Comment