2 months ago
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Daddy do dishes
Davis, Haley, and Mommy all have a COLD! Not to leave Daddy out...he had one last week. So, the past week has been a little rough. Synopsis: Haley up 2 nights last week screaming and congested-Friday morning trip to the ped=double ear infection-Haley's 1st pink stuff-Davis up with night terrors or something for about 4 hours(!!!) Sat night-work 12 hour shift Monday-Davis coughing up a lung since last night-Haley's poor nose dripping like a faucet and all red and bloody..and. Ah...its currently quiet...deep breath :)
But on a more positive note...Davis is 2 and a quarter today! I guess once they hit 2, you no longer count in months. But I want to keep a log of what he is up to, so I guess I'll do it quarterly. He is loving school and walks in holding his book bag with no tears. Always wants his blanky going into the room, but his teachers say that he drops it pretty quickly upon arrival. Loves to play with his friend William in class. They tackle each other into the bean bag chairs. Don't worry..Davis doesn't squash him. William is 41 lbs(Davis is 37). Big breakfast eater. Cereal monster just like Mommy and Daddy. Has quickly discovered what sweets are all about! Favorite foods-bread, pancakes, french toast, oatmeal, all fruits, Chick-fil-A(he can spot one from the road), pizza, crackers, juice box, fruit snacks,...
What else...Has learned all his letters and their sounds(thanks to The Letter Factory video by Leap Frog). I would try and teach him about letters by drawing them and pointing them out in puzzles, but he just didn't get it. We've learned over the past year that Davis is very AUDITORY and learns by hearing and doing things. Good to know. He is a very social little guy. Loves to play with his neighborhood friends and tries to encourage children to play with him. Outgoing and not shy. Likes to give demands and its quite funny to watch his "friends(elementary school age)" follow his direction. Very verbal and can communicate with anyone. Still up around 5:45(hey better than 5:30) but his naps have gotten better(averages around 1:15-1:30). Loves music and knows a TON of songs. "Where's my duck call?"..uh yes..redneck I know. Before going to sleep we sing a few songs, say a prayer and then tell him we will check on him. He then says, "Mommy shower, Daddy do dishes". :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
He's growing up soooo fast. MamaLu
It's so funny the way they learn so easy our routines and who's "job" is who's! Good job keeping track. i can't remember how Brice was between the ages of 2-3!
Love the way you keep up with all Davis does. He is so smart as well as cute!Hope all of you are better now from your colds!!
Love all of you,
Nana
precious, precious. Hope you all are feeling better.
That's impressive he knows all his letters! I can't believe he wakes you up at 5:45 every day though! (Although the two days a week I go to work, it might be helpful ;) ). I won't complain about 6:30 or 7 ever again. ;)
love your updates!
Post a Comment