Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1st day of school

All ready for school
Sylin'
What did you color Davis? "color head, wagon"
The 10 wides

Today was Davis' 1st day of school! We've talked about his new teachers and classroom all week and read "Couduroy Goes to School" multiple times, but today was the real deal. I explained to him that(unlike Open House) I would be leaving him but picking him up later. That didn't go over very well. He wimperd half the drive to school just thinking about it and kept saying, "mama mama come with". Wish I could little one... well sort of...mommy needs a break too...honesty here people :) Got to his classroom and had to leave him crying. Then he happens to spot my car in the back of the parking lot on his way to the playground. Mommy error! Could see him jumping and crying from 200 yards away. Broke my heart, but I know he will really enjoy it once he gets used to things.

Picked him up a few hours later after a speedy trip to the North GA outlets to buy him new shoes. Why the shoes? He started telling me, "tight tight" this week and he was right...toe right at the end of the rubber. Got him sized yesterday-10W!!! That's right-TEN WIDE for my little 22 month old. Goodness that seems big. His old shoes are 8s. Anyway, he was crying when I picked him up, but they said he did great once snack time rolled around. His "Daily Report" reads: Played on the playground(on and off)-Ate snack(good eater)-Happy-Active-was fine until someone started crying and that would upset him him some, towards the end of the day it didn't bother him though-Good listener and followed directions.

Good Job Davis!

11 comments:

MamaLu said...

I'm so proud of you, Davis.....and you too, Mom. You held up well on this hard first day!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like the first day of school! Sad for the student and the Mom. I know he will really enjoy it when he gets use to it. I can't believe that he is wearing a size 10 wide shoe !!!
Love, Nana

Kate Parker said...

Good job, Davis. I am sure it will get easier for you (and Mom, too). :)

Gina and Bobby said...

I actually had to peel Jack off of me kicking and screaming! I feel so bad for the poor teachers. Davis will get used to it and he will love Ms. Charlotte. Davis and Jack must have been on the playground at the same time because Ms.Charlotte told me he saw Jack out there today. I cannot believe your son wears a size 10!! Emma is only in an 8 and she is almost 4!

Opa said...

Davis, I'm glad your 1st day at school was good. I really liked the picture you colored. You're such a good listener. Wow! New shoes...now you can run really fast.

Opa

Jennifer said...

Yea! You are going to love your time away! He'll get better every time. Oh, and wanted to tell you, Brice too has wide feet. New Balance makes "wide" for kids and you can find them at Famous Footwear. They are a little bit more reasonably priced!

Anonymous said...

It gets better trust me....once he realizes that you always come back. Try telling him that...it worked for us...or make Matt drop him off :) Parker never did that junk for Tony
Janna

PS Parker has big feet too....he's wearing 10.5....they slow down I swear

Susan and Lee said...

A size 10!? Oh my! I just bought Jake new shoes for school too and they are a 10. Hope he likes school. Jake said it was great!

Megan said...

He is growing up!!! Going to school already!! He looks so cute!

Julie Tiemann said...

Oh wow. Such a big boy!! Hardly seems possible he's off to "school." Congrats to you both!

shug said...

Way to go, Davis!!! You and your cousin Anna Claire wear the same size shoe!