Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

Big yawn in Mama Lu's lap
The 4 of us. Thanks Suzanne for Haley's adorable bow!

Davis' artwork

We all sported our 4th attire thanks to Granny T's UPS package. Thanks! We spent the holiday in style.

Enjoyed the day at Mama Lu and Opa's. Landon & Amberly made the trip over from Carrollton and the newlyweds, Thomas & Mallory, came over for the day as well. Davis loved all the excitement! He helped make yummy homemade strawberry ice cream, picked fresh veggies from the garden, and loved goofing off with the Odom boys. The late night fireworks scared him, and he will tell you all about it..."scared, loud, etc". Didn't get to bed until after midnight! Ouch!

Haley is doing great and gets bigger every day! My milk supply fell off the deep end Friday, so I've been busy nursing, supplementing, and pumping in order to get my supply back up to par. Did I tell you how much I love pumping??? Argg! 4 months of the crazy thing was all I could take with Davis! Had to chunk the shield(think this may be the cause of the low milk supply) so we will see where this ends up. My mom said it right, "You can birth babies, but not nurse them." Its all in the genes I guess.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lauren, Hey! Call if you need to talk/vent about the nursing thing. I understand, completely! I will tell you though, I wish I had kept trying. Just don't want you to have any regrets!

Katherine Maxey said...

Hey! Your kids are so adorable! Glad to see you all are settling in. Don't sweat the nursing thing. I had three different experiences with each of mine....Will was nursed a total of 9 days, Annely Blake til she was 5 months and Henry 1 month until I had to quit due to severe PPD. Will is as healthy as a horse (go figure) and AB is getting tubes in her ears soon! It either comes easy to you or it doesn't. They will grow up and be just fine either way :)

Julie Tiemann said...

Haley is as beautiful as Davis is handsome - you are blessed!

You KNOW I understand the breastfeeding frustrations... I'm sorry you're having issues again. (I too hate the pump, but I am grateful it allowed me to give Amelia breastmilk for at least a little while...) Good luck with it - I'm thinking of ya.

miriam said...

ARRRGH! I hate the pump, too. I think I'm about to give mine up after 3 1/2 months; this morning, Parks spit up his entire feeding of half formula, half PRECIOUS breastmilk. Of course, when it's just the formula he holds it down just fine. Is the fight really worth it???