Monday, May 4, 2009

Baby Shower

Suzanne, Jenni, and I
the girls
Mom and I...these cupcakes were amazing!
Haley's dollhouse/bookshelf

Suzanne and Jenni, 2 of my dearest friends, threw me a GIRL shower yesterday afternoon! The food was delicious, and it was so much fun to open PINK :) Everyone was SO generous and kind. THANK YOU!!! Haley will be "stylin" (as Davis likes to say) this summer.

Oh...lest I forget.. I made a great find on Craig's list last week: an adorable doll house/bookshelf!!! I was looking for that final piece to finish up her nursery, and I'm so excited that I found it. Excellent condition, doesn't even look used, looks just like the doll house from Pottery Barn Kids. But...only $60 compared to $400! SWEET! Matt, Davis and I made the trip down to Fayetteville on Friday to pick it up. Yes!! I love it and look forward to putting some of my old dolls in it for little Haley.

I loved playing with dolls as a little girl. I have so many memories of caring for all of my dolls. I had little doll families and wanted to make sure everyone had a loving home. Little orphanages...everyone needed a mommy to love them. Its amazing how God gives each of us unique talents, personalities, and abilities to fulfill His bigger Purpose! I am a woman created with a heart of mercy to love, cherish, and care for babies: NICU nurse and mommy! And to love my husband of course :)

5 comments:

Mom said...

It was a great shower with your good friends. And Haley's room is perfect with your new furniture purchase!I love it and know that she will too.

Julie Tiemann said...

Cute bookshelf! Glad you had a fun shower. Girl stuff is definitely fun.

God also equipped you with a smart mind to be a NICU nurse - don't forget that! :)

Tiffany said...

The shower was fun! It was great to see you. By the way, I like all of the cute new sidebar pics!

Matthew Tyler said...

Tell that Haley of yours to reeelax.

susan said...

I'm so excited for you---AND YOUR Mama!!!---to get a little girl at last. Love the bookshelf!