No I don't think so... Went to the OB this morning and got the news... 1 1/2cm dilated and 25% effaced which lands me on BED REST! Really? With a 17 month old precious little BOY who is VERY active and doesn't like to nap? Ok here we go....
So I can't..."go to the grocery store", "cook dinner", "clean up toys", etc... which means that I have to be off my feet and just chill(yes I can get up to eat and go to the bathroom). Oh goodness. My OB said that these first couple weeks are the most important and that if things don't progress by my next apt(2 weeks) that I may be able to go on "modified" bed rest. Meaning that I can watch Davis during the day and "rest" during the afternoon. But until then, I've got to just.....be still.
Thankfully, my parents live close by with all the baby supplies and can help watch Davis for us. And Matt is going to take some time off work. I'm thinking in 2 week segments. Going to be VERY careful these next 2 weeks in hope that I can be less restricted after that.
Go to Perinatal next Friday to check the cervical length and the size of little Miss Haley. That'll tell us how things look and will give me some motivation 1 week into all of this.
Until then..."Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10.
1 week ago
8 comments:
Oh no, Lauren! I'm so sorry!!! Did this happen with Davis?
I'm so glad you have family close by! You're smart to look at things in small chunks - to be good these next two weeks and see how it goes.
Praying for ya!
Lauren,
I know this is going to be HARD for all of you!!! You are very fortunate to have family close. Hang in there! Will be praying for you.
You gotta get to 34 weeks ....let that be your motivation!
janna
you rest...one day at a time. You'll be glad you did. When Haley get here, there will be little rest.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that....poor Mommy!
Will be in touch to find out what we can do to help you out!
You're going to do great! Just take it one day at a time. You may have one really fancy blog by the time this is over! We are all here for you and praying for ALL of you.
Oh, Lauren...hang in there, girl! Thinking of you!
Lauren, I am praying for you; I know this is a difficult time for you. I had to do the complete bed rest thing for 6 weeks when we were expecting Amy and Julie; Beth was 4, Miriam 18 months and not even walking!!! Yep, no motor skills in this family:) Your family inherited all of those.
Being on bedrest was a real humbling experience as I had to let others completely take care of us--shop, cook, do the laundry, take care of my kids, and even clean my house. But God used it all to draw us closer to Him, and for that we will always be grateful. We don't understand His ways, but they are always perfect. So, as you so aptly said, for now just "Be still, and know."
Post a Comment