Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Why isn't Opa in the picture" ~Davis

I prefer that to Happy Turkey Day...I mean its a time to be thankful for the blessings that surround us each and every day vs a time to celebrate turkeys :) A time to truly think about all that we've been given. To be Thankful! As we say to Davis... "Thank you God".

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family yesterday. It was neat to have all us kids together again. We haven't seen Matthew since June so it was good to see him and catch up. And for him to show us how to square up at meals. Not sure what that means? ...In a nut shell-sit(always in uniform if w/in 100 miles of campus) with lower back against chairback and shoulders slightly forward not touching chairback, look forward and lift the fork straight up and make a 90 degree angle straight to the mouth. You can't look at the food unless you cut it. I guess I'd be cutting my mashed potatoes.

Davis wasn't so sure about the crowd, but he has now ramped up to full steam ahead. Walking all over the house! He loves his new perspective on the world.

Thought for the day...What are 3 things you're thankful for? 3 for me...I'm thankful for parents that raised me in a loving Christian home, for a wonderful husband that God placed in my life in His perfect timing, for the opportunity to love a child and share God's love with him.

2 comments:

Marylu said...

Thanksgiving was fun! We loved being with everyone. Davis is walking faster every day. You'll be getting your workout just keeping up with him!

Allison D said...

What a cute family! I can't believe how mature everyone looks...especially your little brothers!